Skip to content

Thank you for leading me to Jesus.

Post comments, thoughts, insights, personal stories and more related to David's music and videos. You might just find your comments on the front of the web site or on a promotional poster. Many times you say it better than the pros we hire!

Thank you for leading me to Jesus.

Postby Judester » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:44 pm

I have never written a blog before, I know I need to get with the times. I just wanted to thank David Phelps; his voice and the Gaither music helped me find my way to Jesus. I have always loved music and I love the beautiful old hymns I heard as a child. I have had a very difficult year in 2010. I had back surgery, foot surgery and knee surgery all within a year's time. I now have permanent nerve damage and have to use a cane and I have difficulty with a lot of things. I became permanently disabled in July of 2010. I lost my job that I loved, I was in pain, I felt alone, my financial situation was bad and I didn't care if I lived or died. I have to admit that I often thought of killing myself. I found your music via the reruns of the Gaither Homecoming Specials on my tv. I listened every chance I could. I didn't know that music or a voice like yours existed. The fact that you have decided to devote your beautiful voice to God touched something inside me. I was led to a church by a pastor from the hospital I worked at. I finally let Jesus in my life several months ago. I heard the lyrics to a song you sang "No More Night". I can't tell you what that meant to me. I thought, I want to be in that place when I die. I'll have no more pain, no more tears and I'll be able to see the face of Jesus. Thank you so much for helping me when I was in a dark place.
Judester

Re: Thank you for leading me to Jesus.

Postby joyeful » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:42 pm

What a wonderful testimony. This is cause for great celebration. Welcome to the family of God. He will never leave you or forsake you. And there will be a day when there will be no more pain for eternity! Praise God! I am so happy for you! The Lord uses many ordinary and extraordinary people who allow themselves to be an instrument in His hands. All He needs is our willingness to be that. We don't necessarily need to have extraordinary talent like David, but praise God that David Phelps has been a willing vessel and has taken a stand to use his God-given talent to point others toward Christ. For others, the extraordinary talent may not be as visible, but it is no less profound or important. A kind word, a smile, a shared meal, a pat on the back, a show of compassion, or just living a Christ-centered life that others recognize could have no less impact if it leads anyone to Christ. May you always see Christ in everything and lean on Him to help you through the things in this life you don't understand. May you always have confident peace in Him.
ImageImage
joyeful

Postby Bspry » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:25 pm

What great words to read as we come to the start of another year. I too thank God for the talented David Phelps and his music. Music stirs the soul and when David sings you can't help but listen to every word and hear the message of the gospel.
The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand,
as in what direction you are moving.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Bspry

Postby pattiekins » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 am

joyeful wrote:What a wonderful testimony. This is cause for great celebration. Welcome to the family of God. He will never leave you or forsake you. And there will be a day when there will be no more pain for eternity! Praise God! I am so happy for you! The Lord uses many ordinary and extraordinary people who allow themselves to be an instrument in His hands. All He needs is our willingness to be that. We don't necessarily need to have extraordinary talent like David, but praise God that David Phelps has been a willing vessel and has taken a stand to use his God-given talent to point others toward Christ. For others, the extraordinary talent may not be as visible, but it is no less profound or important. A kind word, a smile, a shared meal, a pat on the back, a show of compassion, or just living a Christ-centered life that others recognize could have no less impact if it leads anyone to Christ. May you always see Christ in everything and lean on Him to help you through the things in this life you don't understand. May you always have confident peace in Him.

I could NOT have said it better!! :D :D Praise God, for another one of His children has come home!! Set another place at the table!! :D :D What a wonderful testimony! I had an aunt who I loved very dearly & she was my best friend. We did so much together. I took her to see David in concert & she fell in love with his voice but more importantly she turned her life over to Jesus! All the years of talking to her & trying to get her to understand the love that God had for her & she FINALLY got it!! :D 3 months after that concert & her confession of faith, she died suddenly. :( I miss her terribly but I will FOREVER be grateful to David for using his God-given talent to share the "Good News" of salvation thru Christ because know I KNOW I will see her again!! :D

I'm so happy you shared your testimony with us!! Welcome to the family & welcome to the Phelps Phamily!!
:D :D
Pattie

pattiekins

Postby grammydot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Welcome! so glad to hear that you are now a child of God. And welcome to the Phleps Phans Phorum. David has been blessed with a beautilful voice and I am grateful that he uses for the Lord's work. You will find many Phriends here, they will pray for you, bless you with their daily messages and just be here for you.

God Bless,
Dot
grammydot

Postby Judester » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind replies. I do feel as though I am in the best family I could be in, now that I am a child of the King. I praise God every day that I live in a country where we can worship freely. I praise God that I have the senses to enjoy music. Although times are still tough, I now no longer have to carry everything by myself. I have God helping me carry the load. It is amazing, looking back, that I had God helping me even when I refused to believe in Him. I am looking forward to a new year full of possiblities.
Judester

Postby JustGail » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Praise God...you are a child of the King!!! Welcome and thank you for your testimony...you know sometimes I look at the strife and hardness of some things in our world today and wonder why GOD??? Why wait....but HE waits because He wants all of His children to come to Him...praying God will bless you abundantly in the coming new year!

God Bless!
Gail
JustGail

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Music and Video Reviews