Skip to content

My FIRST DP concert - Gainesville, GA 4-6-12

Come on! You know you loved it and can't wait to share your thoughts. This is the place to post your editorial on the concert you just attended. Let us in on all the details.

My FIRST DP concert - Gainesville, GA 4-6-12

Postby Suzanne9969 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:46 pm

What can I say? I was told that I would be blown away and have my socks blessed off, and that's exactly what happened! First of all, what a joy it was to meet some of the of the other phans...Felise, Paula (can't believe you came all the way from Denver!), Yvonne, Bobbie. You guys are awesome! You took this rookie under your wings and made me feel like I'd been part of this DP sorority forever. How incredible it was to sit front row center. Nothing but a front row seat will satisfy me from now on!!!

David was everything and more than what I expected. From the minute he crossed in front of me to take the stage and sing "Behold the Lamb" until the final note of "Legacy of Love," he never disappointed. I'm STILL basking in the glow of it all!! The Spirit of God is all over that man, and I'm so thankful that I got to experience it in person. Having never seen DP live before, one of my concerns was that he wouldn't sound the same as he does on his recordings. I have to laugh at myself for that one, because no, he doesn't sound the same...he sounds so much BETTER!!!! I had the good fortune of seeing Whitney Houston live in concert in the late '80's when she still had it "going on". I remember sitting through the entire concert with goose bumps, because I couldn't believe her voice was really as good as what I'd heard on the radio. Not since that night have I had that same experience -- at least not until Friday night with David Phelps!!!

What a privilege to spend Good Friday, or 'Great' Friday, as David called it, listening to him sing praises to the Risen Lamb! I'm still trying to comprehend it all. Some of the musical highlights for me were Nessun Dorma (oh my goodness!!!), Virtuoso, The Love of God, Just as I Am, Gentle Savior, He's Alive, End of the Beginning, even though he forgot the words on the first verse! He's such a good sport and just sort of shrugged his shoulders, smiled, soldiered on and ending up hitting it out of the park. Shivers went down my spine at the end when he sings "He rose!" Now that I think of it, the whole night was a musical highlight for me!!

The icing on the cake was meeting David after the concert! What a sweetheart! Everyone was right when they said that he'll make you feel like you're the only person in the room when he's talking to you. So humble and approachable. He is truly a servant of God, and I pray he's around for along time offering encouragement and hope through his ministry.

I took a lot of pictures and I've posted some of them on my Facebook page. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... fbc38828a6

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter...THE TOMB IS EMPTY!!!

Blessings,
Suzanne
Suzanne9969

Re: My FIRST DP concert - Gainesville, GA 4-6-12

Postby BrendaK » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 am

Awesome review, Suzanne! You are right--once you have sat front row, center, nothing else will be quite good enough!

Welcome to the addiction! :lol:
Brenda
Denver Phan
BrendaK

Postby SusanM1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 am

Thanks for the review and sharing your pictures. Glad you had a wonderful time.
SusanM1

Postby OKRuth » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 am

Great review & pix! David Phelps has an amazing voice - yes, better in person! What an annointed message from God he has to share with us! :D
Gene McDonald singing Thanks to Calvary - Tulsa 8/2/14
OKRuth

Postby amanda5499 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 am

Hello, Phelps Phans!!! I am so glad to have made my way to this AWESOME site!!! I am a newbie, so please forgive me for any mistakes that I may make in this post…..I still can’t figure out how to upload my picture of David….HA! I have been a fan of David's since I saw him perform with the GVB in 2000 in Florence, SC. Only God himself can bless someone with his gift of an amazing voice! My husband, knowing what a huge fan I am, surprised me with a weekend getaway to see David in Gainesville Friday night. Even as I type this post, I am still in complete shock at the beauty, passion, and overall vocal ability David possess. Even my husband, a man of few but yet profound words, was blown away. The entire evening was unforgettable. I actually found myself not breathing as he sang The Lord’s Prayer….IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!! God’s presence was felt by everyone in Riverbend Baptist Church! In a few weeks, my mom, my daughter, Abigail, and I will be making the trip to Winston-Salem, NC for a Homecoming Concert. Mom loves Lynda Randall, Abigail loves Wes Hampton, and I, of course LOVE DP….we can’t wait to see all of favorite singers on the 28th and Thanks to Lena (a new friend that I met on forum) I learned that David will be in Evans, GA on August 3rd. Can’t wait to experience David’s ministry again!!!!!

Here is a link to my photographs from Friday night: [urlhttps://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.3705810726051.2171504.1299016919&type=1][/url]

Blessings~
Amanda
amanda5499

Postby OKRuth » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

amanda5499 wrote:Hello, Phelps Phans!!! I am so glad to have made my way to this AWESOME site!!! I am a newbie, so please forgive me for any mistakes that I may make in this post…..I still can’t figure out how to upload my picture of David….HA! I have been a fan of David's since I saw him perform with the GVB in 2000 in Florence, SC. Only God himself can bless someone with his gift of an amazing voice! My husband, knowing what a huge fan I am, surprised me with a weekend getaway to see David in Gainesville Friday night. Even as I type this post, I am still in complete shock at the beauty, passion, and overall vocal ability David possess. Even my husband, a man of few but yet profound words, was blown away. The entire evening was unforgettable. I actually found myself not breathing as he sang The Lord’s Prayer….IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!! God’s presence was felt by everyone in Riverbend Baptist Church! In a few weeks, my mom, my daughter, Abigail, and I will be making the trip to Winston-Salem, NC for a Homecoming Concert. Mom loves Lynda Randall, Abigail loves Wes Hampton, and I, of course LOVE DP….we can’t wait to see all of favorite singers on the 28th and Thanks to Lena (a new friend that I met on forum) I learned that David will be in Evans, GA on August 3rd. Can’t wait to experience David’s ministry again!!!!!

Here is a link to my photographs from Friday night: [urlhttps://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.3705810726051.2171504.1299016919&type=1][/url]

Blessings~
Amanda

Thanks for posting your experience! That was great! So glad you & your hubby were blessed by David's concert! I can't see your pix. Maybe you can request me as a FB friend - my name is Ruth Daniel in Oklahoma. :)
Gene McDonald singing Thanks to Calvary - Tulsa 8/2/14
OKRuth

Postby selina » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Suzanne, thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. Thankful you had this Great Friday experience. Wish we could have met. Now that I know what you look like, you were just in front of me in the meet & greet line! Next time! :)
selina

Postby selina » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm

amanda5499 wrote:Hello, Phelps Phans!!! I am so glad to have made my way to this AWESOME site!!! I am a newbie, so please forgive me for any mistakes that I may make in this post…..I still can’t figure out how to upload my picture of David….HA! I have been a fan of David's since I saw him perform with the GVB in 2000 in Florence, SC. Only God himself can bless someone with his gift of an amazing voice! My husband, knowing what a huge fan I am, surprised me with a weekend getaway to see David in Gainesville Friday night. Even as I type this post, I am still in complete shock at the beauty, passion, and overall vocal ability David possess. Even my husband, a man of few but yet profound words, was blown away. The entire evening was unforgettable. I actually found myself not breathing as he sang The Lord’s Prayer….IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!! God’s presence was felt by everyone in Riverbend Baptist Church! In a few weeks, my mom, my daughter, Abigail, and I will be making the trip to Winston-Salem, NC for a Homecoming Concert. Mom loves Lynda Randall, Abigail loves Wes Hampton, and I, of course LOVE DP….we can’t wait to see all of favorite singers on the 28th and Thanks to Lena (a new friend that I met on forum) I learned that David will be in Evans, GA on August 3rd. Can’t wait to experience David’s ministry again!!!!!

Blessings~
Amanda

Hi, Amanda. Thanks for sharing. That husband sounds like a sweetie!
selina

Postby felise » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I thoroughly love your post and reliving the phun we all had. I am looking forward to many more good time with all my new phriends!

felise
felise

Postby Suzanne9969 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

selina wrote:Suzanne, thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. Thankful you had this Great Friday experience. Wish we could have met. Now that I know what you look like, you were just in front of me in the meet & greet line! Next time! :)

Selina, definitely next time. I'm already making plans for Evans, GA on 8/3. How about you?
Suzanne9969

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Concert Reviews