Skip to content

Chattanooga Homecoming Concert March 10, 2012

Come on! You know you loved it and can't wait to share your thoughts. This is the place to post your editorial on the concert you just attended. Let us in on all the details.

Chattanooga Homecoming Concert March 10, 2012

Postby selina » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 am

Here is a link to a few pictures I took at the Chattanooga HC concert. What a great night, as always! Several artists were battling colds and allergies, but they were troopers and gave it their all. Didn't go to the product tables during intermission, so I didn't get to talk to any of the artists. Why did I not go to the tables, you ask? Those where the steepest steps I have ever seen in an arena! Plus, this girl was wearing new boots with a good size heel. So, I let new boots and steep steps stop me from going by to see DP. Didn't know anything that would stop me from seeing DP, but the thought of falling down those steps and the possibility of blood and stitches stopped me. :) (Not sure he was at his table, anyway.)
After David did "Nessum Dorma" many people gave him a standing ovation (is that spelled correctly? it's the middle of the night) Mark Lowry jumped on the fact that not everyone gave DP a standing ovation and delivered the line of the night when he told David "You know if they could have understood you, they would have all stood." :)
Sweet night of singing and worship!

Here is the link to my facebook album.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e692569cb0
selina

Re: Chattanooga Homecoming Concert March 10, 2012

Postby lena » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 am

Great pics! Thanks so much for sharing! I agree....in some arenas, those steps are mighty steep! Sorry you didn't get to talk to David, but next time you'll know to wear flats!! LOL!!! Thanks again for sharing those awesome pics!
__Image__Image_Image
lena

Postby JustGail » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks Selina great pictures......#7 looked like God was zapping His light right into Becky's guitar :D
Know what you mean about those steps....seen friends fall and injure themselves on those kind of steps....
Lena is right...wear flats next time!
So glad you had a great time...thanks for sharing!
God Bless
Gail
JustGail

Postby selina » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:48 pm

JustGail wrote:Thanks Selina great pictures......#7 looked like God was zapping His light right into Becky's guitar :D
Know what you mean about those steps....seen friends fall and injure themselves on those kind of steps....
Lena is right...wear flats next time!
So glad you had a great time...thanks for sharing!
God Bless
Gail

Being a country girl born and raised in the mountains of East Tennessee, I considered taking those boots off and heading up the steps bare footed. What's that saying? " You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl." :lol:
selina

Postby OKRuth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you for posting a review and pix from your concert! I loved what Mark said about David's standing O!! Glad you heard Let Freedom Ring! :D They don't sing this at every concert. :( I added you as a friend on FB, Selina! :)
Gene McDonald singing Thanks to Calvary - Tulsa 8/2/14
OKRuth

Postby selina » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:41 pm

OKRuth wrote:Thank you for posting a review and pix from your concert! I loved what Mark said about David's standing O!! Glad you heard Let Freedom Ring! :D They don't sing this at every concert. :( I added you as a friend on FB, Selina! :)

Always glad to have more FB friends!! :) Love hearing "Let Freedom Ring" live! One night while doing that song, David's mic blew - wow was it ever a loud crack that made everyone in the arena jump. It blew right as he hit that "LEEEETTTT" Freedom echo. Thankfully, Russ was close enough to hand over his mic and DP finished the note without even flinching.
selina

Postby OKRuth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

selina wrote:
OKRuth wrote:Thank you for posting a review and pix from your concert! I loved what Mark said about David's standing O!! Glad you heard Let Freedom Ring! :D They don't sing this at every concert. :( I added you as a friend on FB, Selina! :)

Always glad to have more FB friends!! :) Love hearing "Let Freedom Ring" live! One night while doing that song, David's mic blew - wow was it ever a loud crack that made everyone in the arena jump. It blew right as he hit that "LEEEETTTT" Freedom echo. Thankfully, Russ was close enough to hand over his mic and DP finished the note without even flinching.

Wow! Was that when Russ was still part of GVB?
Gene McDonald singing Thanks to Calvary - Tulsa 8/2/14
OKRuth

Postby selina » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:56 am

Yeah, it was Fort Wayne, IN 2003. That was an especially memorable weekend because a friend flew up from TN to attend the concert with me. The morning of the concert was a CD release party and Meet & Greet with the GVB at Gaither Family Resources in Alexandria, IN. It was a few days before A Cappella was released so they sold copies early. DP signed my cd and all the guys signed a picture for me (which I proudly displayed in my office for several years.) We got to have pic made with the GVB and each member individually, too! :)
selina

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Concert Reviews