Skip to content

NBC's The Voice Starts Tonight!

General, lighthearted, serious, humorous--this is the place to get to know each other. For lifelong friendships...ENTER HERE!

NBC's The Voice Starts Tonight!

Postby RachelW » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

I am not sure who 'out there' watches it, but I am a huge huge fan! Are ya'll gonna be watching with me!? :?:

While I will miss Christina and CeeLo (until they come back in the fall) it will be fun to see how Usher and Shakira fit in with Adam and our Blake..

tonight 8PM! I can't believe its back already, time sure does fly
"TALITHA, KOUM!" - Jesus
RachelW

Re: NBC's The Voice Starts Tonight!

Postby Linda-BhamPhan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 pm

I love "The Voice" as well! My favorite part of the show is the audition part. I watched most of it tonight; will finish watching the rest tomorrow, Lord willing! :)
Linda-BhamPhan

Postby RachelW » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 pm

It was a great opening night!! Shakira and Usher fit right in like a glove. The banter between Adam and Blake is , well.. priceless... We have had some great opening auditions..I won't spoil it for those who have yet to finish it or see it, but suffice to say this is going to be a fabulous season!

We shall have some fun with back and forth here while we watch it..I can't wait! :)
"TALITHA, KOUM!" - Jesus
RachelW

Postby brucebj6609 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am

I liked American Idol until Paula Abdul left the show, then I started watching it less and less. Now I rarely, if ever, watch it. I do enjoy "The Voice". Blake Shelton was at the Grand Ole Opry a few weekends ago, and I took a long weekend trip to Nashville to see the 2 shows he was a part of. It was really a great 2 nights of shows... guests included Josh Turner, Scotty McCreary (ironically, an American Idol winner), BJ Thomas, Montgomery Gentry, and a host of other country music legends. I love Nashville, and going to the Grand Ole Opry is alwaya a highlight of my trip. Regarding last nights show - I think the twins have potential. I did not think it was fair that the woman at the end was showered with so many accolades, because, after all, she had sung professionally with Michael Jackson, while many of the other talents had no professional experience. I think she could have easily made it on her own without a vehicle like "The Voice".
"Remember to tell someone you love them while you still have the chance"
brucebj6609

Postby janette » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 am

brucebj6609 wrote:I liked American Idol until Paula Abdul left the show, then I started watching it less and less. Now I rarely, if ever, watch it. I do enjoy "The Voice". Blake Shelton was at the Grand Ole Opry a few weekends ago, and I took a long weekend trip to Nashville to see the 2 shows he was a part of. It was really a great 2 nights of shows... guests included Josh Turner, Scotty McCreary (ironically, an American Idol winner), BJ Thomas, Montgomery Gentry, and a host of other country music legends. I love Nashville, and going to the Grand Ole Opry is alwaya a highlight of my trip. Regarding last nights show - I think the twins have potential. I did not think it was fair that the woman at the end was showered with so many accolades, because, after all, she had sung professionally with Michael Jackson, while many of the other talents had no professional experience. I think she could have easily made it on her own without a vehicle like "The Voice".

If you saw her interview she said she didn't want to become known on MJ's coat tails ... especially after his tragic death ... I wasn't as impressed with her as the coaches, but I think everyone deserves the chance to fulfill their dreams ... Obviously she hasn't made it yet ... I think a majority of performers on the Voice have performed professionally ... I had never heard of her before last night ... ;)
Animals...remember it is their planet too...

ImageImageImage
janette

Postby brucebj6609 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 am

janette wrote:
brucebj6609 wrote:I liked American Idol until Paula Abdul left the show, then I started watching it less and less. Now I rarely, if ever, watch it. I do enjoy "The Voice". Blake Shelton was at the Grand Ole Opry a few weekends ago, and I took a long weekend trip to Nashville to see the 2 shows he was a part of. It was really a great 2 nights of shows... guests included Josh Turner, Scotty McCreary (ironically, an American Idol winner), BJ Thomas, Montgomery Gentry, and a host of other country music legends. I love Nashville, and going to the Grand Ole Opry is alwaya a highlight of my trip. Regarding last nights show - I think the twins have potential. I did not think it was fair that the woman at the end was showered with so many accolades, because, after all, she had sung professionally with Michael Jackson, while many of the other talents had no professional experience. I think she could have easily made it on her own without a vehicle like "The Voice".

If you saw her interview she said she didn't want to become known on MJ's coat tails ... especially after his tragic death ... I wasn't as impressed with her as the coaches, but I think everyone deserves the chance to fulfill their dreams ... Obviously she hasn't made it yet ... I think a majority of performers on the Voice have performed professionally ... I had never heard of her before last night ... ;)

Janette - I did hear her interview, and I did think that it was a positive comment about not wanting to become known because of MJ. But I thnk that connection will always be there. I guess the talent comes from assorted backgrounds; after all, there was that guy a few years back who knew Christina because he was a former Mousketeer.
"Remember to tell someone you love them while you still have the chance"
brucebj6609

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Discussions