Skip to content

Question? What to Wear to A GVB Concert?

General, lighthearted, serious, humorous--this is the place to get to know each other. For lifelong friendships...ENTER HERE!

Question? What to Wear to A GVB Concert?

Postby Charles27 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Since I will be attending my very very 1st GVB concert in May which I get to to go to 3 GVB concerts in may just 2 weeks apart from each other!!! Yippppppy!!!!!!! I have never been to a GVB concert. So I was wondering should I dress formal or dress causel or casuel?? Or a suit and tie type thing??? I know that might be a dum question.. But wanted to ask all of my friends here on the board. What should I wear to a GVB concert since I have never been to one!!!!

Charles
p.s I am sorry if that seem like a really long drawn out dum question

Thanks for the Advice on what to wear to a GVB concert!!! It really really helped. I just not been to very man concerts in my life time!!!
Last edited by Charles27 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles27

Re: Question? What to Wear to A GVB Concert?

Postby leeg22 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 am

Charles, wear comfortable.
Casual is great. If the concert is in a Church, maybe wear a nice shirt and pants. If the concert is in an arena, go for comfort...Jeans and a comfortable shirt will be fine. You definitely don't need a tie or jacket!

Did I say comfortable...LOL...That is the key. What you wear isn't as important and what you hear & feel from God through the whole experience. David & the GVB are amazing ambassadors of faith.

I am very happy for you. The blessings will be wonderful. Have a grand time and come back and tell us all about it.

Enjoy!
Lee
leeg22

Postby Tessitura » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:35 am

leeg22 wrote:Charles, wear comfortable.
Casual is great. If the concert is in a Church, maybe wear a nice shirt and pants. If the concert is in an arena, go for comfort...Jeans and a comfortable shirt will be fine. You definitely don't need a tie or jacket!

Did I say comfortable...LOL...That is the key. What you wear isn't as important and what you hear & feel from God through the whole experience. David & the GVB are amazing ambassadors of faith.

I am very happy for you. The blessings will be wonderful. Have a grand time and come back and tell us all about it.

Enjoy!
Lee

What Lee said :)
Have fun Charles! I can tell from your posts that you are really excited and I am so happy for you!
Tessitura

Postby Linda B. » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:29 am

I learned a long time ago that ANYTHING GOES at a concert! :) Just go and have a good time! :)
Linda :)
Linda B.

Postby buckenator » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Kudos Charles, I am always disappointed at these concerts on what people wear. I guess I am ole fashioned, I always dress up cause thats the only time I can except for church. I've seen anywhere from really really formal to raggedy shorts & T shirt.Whatever makes you feel comfortable or good. Bills concerts always run looonnnggg!!! Could be 3 or 4 hrs. including intermission.
Have a GREAT time & you will never be disappointed. They always have the crowd in their hands, no matter where you sit.
Love & Blessings, Jan
Come back with some pics, blurry, my style, or good.
buckenator

Postby Charles27 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:23 pm

I do want to go to a Gaither Concert and look like a homeless person or look like someone that just crawled out of bed LOL!
But I do want to look nice persentable!!!! I was thinking kinda of dress causel? But not to overeraly dressed up!!! i was think at first of going dressed up as if I was going to a wedding or something like that. But my mother said just either jean or slacks and a nice shirt would be nice enough for the concerts!!! I guess I am just parnoid!!!!

PS the first 2 concerts are in Forth Worth TX in a Arena, and the 3rd Concert will be in OKC in a Very nice Church!!!
Last edited by Charles27 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles27

Postby Falcon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

It definitely isn't a dumb question, I've wondered myself a few times! I've been to two GVB concerts, and I went pretty casual. Nothing raggedy, but usually jeans with a button up shirt. The next one I go to I want to get good pictures with everyone so I probably will go a little more formal. Totally up to you though. 8-)
Falcon

Postby psmstinson » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

Comfortable. you may have to climb stairs too. comfortable shoes ;)
I will lift my mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven & earth. Psalm 121KJV
Placida
psmstinson

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Discussions