Skip to content

The Prayer by David Phelps

General, lighthearted, serious, humorous--this is the place to get to know each other. For lifelong friendships...ENTER HERE!

The Prayer by David Phelps

Postby milliemom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, but it came up on youtube after the Christmas Concert info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wti2iWJUs

Absolutely awesome! Tears in my eyes as I type.
Elizabeth

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit! Romans 15:13
milliemom

Re: The Prayer by David Phelps

Postby BrendaK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey milliemom! Did you happen to make it to the Broomfield concert? I was hoping to meet you.

That song has been posted, but I'm glad you posted it again! It is actually "Bring Him Home." Isn't it fabulous!?

Brenda
Brenda
Denver Phan
BrendaK

Postby janette » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Actually, that is mis titled...it is Bring Him Home from Les Mis)...and it is beautiful... :D
Animals...remember it is their planet too...

ImageImageImage
janette

Postby Linda B. » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm

milliemom wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but it came up on youtube after the Christmas Concert info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wti2iWJUs

Absolutely awesome! Tears in my eyes as I type.

David does do The Prayer with Lauren Talley, and it is absolutely awesome, too! :) Look it up, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, too. :)
Linda :)
Linda B.

Postby milliemom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm

No, Brenda, I did not make it to the concert in Colorado. I pastor a church in Southern California and had a death in the congregation that required my presence here at home. You can be sure I am excited that GVB is coming to Ontario, CA in January! Just a two hour drive from where I live.
Elizabeth

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit! Romans 15:13
milliemom

Postby yflowers » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 pm

David also sings "The Prayer" with Sheila Walsh. The Talley/Phelps version is in English, I think, but David sings in Italian in the duet with Walsh. It is beautiful.
Yvonne
yflowers

Postby janette » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm

My fav rendition of the Prayer was Josh Groban and Charlotte Church until I heard dp and Shelia Walsh...that is absolutely beautiful...it is now my fav... ;)
Animals...remember it is their planet too...

ImageImageImage
janette

Postby BrendaK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:41 pm

milliemom wrote:No, Brenda, I did not make it to the concert in Colorado. I pastor a church in Southern California and had a death in the congregation that required my presence here at home. You can be sure I am excited that GVB is coming to Ontario, CA in January! Just a two hour drive from where I live.

I'm sorry to hear about the death in your congregation. I was certainly hoping that you would say hi if you had made it. I would love to go to the Ontario concert because we used to live in Riverside, but I think I"ll save my money for a solo concert. I'm starting to get anxious to see 2011 dates. (I know, it is early, but ...)
Brenda
Denver Phan
BrendaK

Postby willie99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:25 pm

janette wrote:My fav rendition of the Prayer was Josh Groban and Charlotte Church until I heard dp and Shelia Walsh...that is absolutely beautiful...it is now my fav... ;)

Agreed, Janette -- I like David's version better than Josh Groban's -- although I think David totally outshines Sheila in that recording. Her voice is serviceable, but David really is in another league.

I'd like to hear David do a duet with Camilla Kerslake or Katherine Jenkins.

Here's Camilla singing Silent Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l1oiBBm ... re=related
willie99

Return to Board index

Return to Phelps Phan Discussions